He won't slow down. He won't pull back.
Ald. Matt O’Shea is dedicated to building a stronger, safer, more vibrant 19th Ward and Chicago.
Support Matt at an upcoming campaign event
Since his first term in 2011, Matt has worked tirelessly to address the needs of families, businesses, and institutions in the 19th Ward.
Among his recent accomplishments:
- Launching a private security pilot program in local commercial districts.
- Supporting residential and business rebates for security equipment.
- Promoting security camera registration with CPD.
- Helping the 22nd District bring more than 24 new public safety cameras to the Ward.
- Raising nearly $500,000 for new bulletproof vests for Chicago police.
- Bringing an officer wellness facility to the 19th Ward (opening 2023).
- Creating a financial benefit for the families of first responders who die by suicide.
- Sponsoring legislation to recruit more police officers.
- Securing more than $140 million for capital improvements in local grammar schools
- Facilitating $40 million in upgrades for at Morgan Park High School
- Providing $30 million to expand local pre-K programming.
- Attracting numerous high quality businesses using public incentive programs.
- Partnering with the Chicago Park District to create the Morgan Park Sports Center.
- Spearheading streetscape improvements on 95th Street, 111th Street, and the 99th & Walden Parkway area.
- Raising more than $200,000 to support struggling small businesses during the global pandemic.
Municipal elections in February 2023 will determine the direction of our city over the next several years. Here are a few ways you can help Matt continue serving the 19th Ward and contributing to a stronger, safer Chicago.
Our petition drive is underway! Join our effort to gather signatures.
Matt in the News
Register to Vote
Make sure your voting credentials are up to date.
Like & Share
Follow Matt’s accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share his posts with your contacts.