He won't slow down. He won't pull back.
Ald. Matt O’Shea is dedicated to building a stronger, safer, more vibrant 19th Ward and Chicago.
Support the 19th Ward in 2023
On Thursday, June 22, more than a thousand friends and neighbors gathered at Morgan Park Academy for the 19th Ward’s annual Cocktail Reception. We were humbled and overwhelmed by the community’s support that evening. If you were unable to join us, we hope that you might support our efforts and become a member of this important community organization.
Mary Gill Is IL 35th District State Rep.
Please join us in congratulating Rep. Mary Gill, the new legislator for Illinois’s 35th House District. She was chosen from 16 candidates who applied to fill the vacancy created when Fran Hurley retired from the Illinois House of Representatives.
Since his first term in 2011, Matt has worked tirelessly to address the needs of families, businesses, and institutions in the 19th Ward.
Among his recent accomplishments:
- Launching a private security pilot program in local commercial districts.
- Supporting residential and business rebates for security equipment.
- Promoting security camera registration with CPD.
- Helping the 22nd District bring more than 24 new public safety cameras to the Ward.
- Raising nearly $500,000 for new bulletproof vests for Chicago police.
- Bringing an officer wellness facility to the 19th Ward (opening 2023).
- Creating a financial benefit for the families of first responders who die by suicide.
- Sponsoring legislation to recruit more police officers.
- Securing more than $140 million for capital improvements in local grammar schools
- Facilitating $40 million in upgrades for at Morgan Park High School
- Providing $30 million to expand local pre-K programming.
- Attracting numerous high quality businesses using public incentive programs.
- Partnering with the Chicago Park District to create the Morgan Park Sports Center.
- Spearheading streetscape improvements on 95th Street, 111th Street, and the 99th & Walden Parkway area.
- Raising more than $400,000 to support struggling small businesses during the global pandemic.
Matt is dedicated to serving the 19th Ward and contributing to a stronger, safer Chicago.
Matt in the News
Register to Vote
Make sure your voting credentials are up to date.
Like & Share
Follow Matt’s accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and share his posts with your contacts.